BACHELOR OF SCIENCE AND MASTER OF SCIENCE (BS-MS) JOINT PROGRAMS
The BS-MS joint program allows a qualified student (with 2.50 weighted average and above) to earn simultaneously both Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees. The qualified student will begin his/her master’s degree course work during his/her senior year thus he/she will finish both degrees in a shorter time.
The program aims to provide students with the necessary technical training and theoretical background in tackling current and emerging issues and problems in the fields of chemistry, chemical engineering, civil and environmental engineering, electrical engineering, electronics engineering and computer engineering.
Joint Programs include:
- BS Chemical Engineering (ChE)-MS Environmental Engineering (MEN)
- BS Chemical Engineering and Chemistry (CCE)-MS Environmental Engineering (MEN)
- BS Chemical Engineering and Chemistry (CCE)-MS Chemistry (MSC)
- BS Electrical Engineering(EE)-MS Electrical Engineering (MSEE)
- BS Electronics Engineering (ECE)-MS Electronics Engineering (MSECE) Major in Microelectronics
- BS Electronics Engineering (ECE)-MS Electronics Engineering (MSECE) Major in Control Systems
- BS Computer Engineering (CpE) – MS Computer Engineering (MSCpE)
- BS Civil Engineering (CE) – MS Civil Engineering (MSCE) Major in Transportation, Structural, Construction, Water Resources or Geotechnical Engineering
- BS Construction Engineering and Management (CEM) – MS Civil Engineering (MSCE) Major in Construction Engineering and Management
- BS Environmental and Sanitary Engineering (EnSE) – MS Environmental Engineering (MEN)
The Joint programs have the following advantages:
- The double counting of courses will allow the student to complete both degrees in a shorter time.
- Upon graduating from the program, students become more competitive in applying for placement in graduate programs in other universities or even in seeking employment in industrial companies.
- The program is consistent with the CHED advocacy for vertically articulated programs.