The Mapúa website contains notices and copyright information that must be strictly followed and observed. Information on this website may also contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. And this information can be updated or changed without notice.
Any confidential or proprietary information submitted to us by e-mail and / or postal mail will be considered as non-confidential and grants Mapúa to use such information, material, idea, concept, technique, and/or whatsoever, free of license and charge, reproduce, refabricate, modify, imitate, reiterate, distribute and / or alter those information.
Mapúa builds no representations, illustration or whatsoever about any website which you may access through Mapúa website. In case you accessed a non-Mapúa website with or without the Mapúa logo, please be aware that the Mapúa, the Institute and its administrators, has no control over the content and quality of that website. Also, a link to a non-Mapúa website does not mean that Mapúa endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such website. It is up to you to take precautions or safety measures to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of viruses, worms, Trojans, and other items destructive in nature. IN NO EVENT WILL MAPÚA BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OR ON ANY OTHER LINKED WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Mapúa Institute of Technology and / or Mapúa referenced herein are trademarks of Mapúa Institute of Technology. Other company names and/or labels mentioned herein are or maybe trademarks of the said company.
For statistics and security purposes, we keep track of every occurrence you visited a page, downloaded a file, and / or used an application within the Mapúa website.
Mapúa holds no responsibility of contents of other websites linked within the Mapúa website.
Using this site and its services requires no personal information from you as our visitor. However, in the event of any registration, which entails us to correspond to you, processing orders or to provide you with a subscription, we will collect personal details from you, i.e. your name, address and /or e-mail address. It is our intent to let you know how we will use such information before we collect it from you on the Internet. And in case you tell us that you do not want us to use this information as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes.
Notification of Changes
This privacy statement was implemented on September 01, 2001. A notice would be available at http://www.mapua.edu.ph as soon as this privacy statement has been changed.
All questions, suggestions, comments, and other inquiries regarding this website and its content should be addressed to the Corporate Communications Office or Web Administrator.
Acceptable Use Policy
The Mapúa Institute of Technology recognizes the importance of computers and other information technology resources in enhancing student learning and facilitating the administration and operation of its campuses. To that end, the Development Office for Information Technology (DO-IT) encourages the responsible use of computers, and other IT resources in support of the mission and vision of the Institute. By signing this Acceptable Use Policy, the user agrees to follow the guidelines set in this document.
The objective of this contract is to outline the acceptable use of IT resources provided by Mapúa Institute of Technology. These rules are in place to protect the Institute and its stakeholders i.e. the students, faculty members, and non-teaching personnel. Inappropriate use exposes Mapúa to risks such as virus attacks, network systems security compromise, and other legal issues.
All Mapúa Institute of Technology associates are required to comply with the provisions of the Acceptable Use Policy when they use the Institute’s computer systems and other IT resources.
Disciplinary action, including dismissal, may be taken against a Mapúa student or employee who, after due notice and hearing, is shown to have failed to comply with any of the contract provisions or has circumvented any security systems and/or protection mechanisms.
- ACCEPTABLE USE
- Mapúa computer systems must only be used for conducting their intended purpose which is to support the research, education, administrative and other functions of Mapúa Institute of Technology.
- While DO-IT desires to provide a reasonable level of privacy, users should be aware that the data they create while using Mapúa’s IT resources remains the property of the Institute.
- For security and network security purposes, authorized DO-IT personnel may monitor equipment, systems, and network traffic at any time.
- Mapúa Institute of Technology and DO-IT reserves the right to audit network and systems on a periodic basis to ensure compliance with this contract.
- Each employee acknowledges that any computer unit, along with all attached peripherals, assigned to him/her is his/her responsibility. As such, he/she will be held liable should any form of tampering on such units be detected.
- Each employee acknowledges that it is his/her responsibility to safeguard his/her user account credentials and identification cards. In the event that malicious use of a user’s account credentials is detected by DO-IT, the owner will be held liable for such acts. Lending or sharing account credentials is strictly prohibited.
- User accounts shall be revoked immediately from any employee on his/her effective date of resignation or termination of services, or as deemed necessary by Mapúa.
- All software installed in an Institute-owned computer must have a valid license obtained by Mapúa. Users are strictly prohibited from making copies of these software.
- Personal software or other software not licensed under the Institute shall not be used in Mapúa computers unless authorized by DO-IT.
- Removable storage media such as flash drives must be scanned using the Institute’s anti-virus software before these are accessed.
- UNACCEPTABLE USE
The following activities are strictly prohibited:
- Violations of the rights of any person or company protected by copyright, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property, or similar laws or regulations, including, but not limited to, the installation or distribution of "pirated" or other software products that are not appropriately licensed for use by Mapúa Institute of Technology.
- Introduction of malicious programs (e.g., viruses, worms, Trojan horses, e-mail bombs, etc.) into the network.
- Addition, removal, replacement, or substitution of any computer components on their issued units. This includes all attached peripherals.
- Effecting security breaches or disruptions of network communication. Security breaches include, but are not limited to, accessing data of which the employee is not an intended recipient or logging into a server or account that the employee is not expressly authorized to access.
- Circumventing user authentication or security of any host, network or account.
- Sending Email messages containing:
- Chain letters (e-mail messages that encourage multiple message forwarding)
- Spam (advertising material to individuals who did not specifically request such material)
- Offensive/discriminatory comments against race, gender, religious, political beliefs, national origin, or disability
- Pornographic or sexually explicit material
- Speaking or writing in the name of Mapúa Institute of Technology to any news group, “chat groups,” or any other forum on the Internet; or respond to queries/complaints unless duly authorized in writing by the Institute beforehand to perform this function.
- Any other actions deemed detrimental to the stability of the network.